According to Feeding America,
- 1 in 6 Americans does not have enough access to food.
- In 2009, 50.2 million Americans lived in food insecure households, 33 million adults and 17.2 million children
- People who are left hungry are hard-working Americans who oftentimes, struggle to make ends meet.
- Food Research and Action Center shows a study that over 12% of households in Illinois were food insecure. Food Insecure: Households that do not know from where their next meal is coming.
- 1 in 4 children in Cook County is considered food insecure. – ABC 7 News
- Food Insecurity – is often associated with grade repetition, absenteeism, tardiness, anxiety, aggression, poor mathematics scores, psychosocial dysfunction and difficulty with social interaction among 6 to 12 year old children. – Feeding America